Benefits of ScholarShare 529:
- 100% Tax-Free Growth – Your savings grow free of federal and state taxes.
- Low Cost – ScholarShare 529 portfolios charge less than half the national average for 529 plans.**
- Go Anywhere – Can be used at any accredited school in the U.S.
- Investment Choice – A variety of professionally managed investment portfolios to fit your life situation, risk tolerance, and college savings goals.
Gifting made easy for friends and family.
Build Savings Faster:
By inviting friends and family to give on special occasions, your savings will add up quickly.
Setting up Gifting for your account is easy!
1. eGifting—Select the eGift icon from the account summary screen. Follow the simple steps of choosing the account, creating a new invitation by selecting an occasion, and adding a personal message. Add contacts/email addresses and hit send.
If you prefer, there is even an option to send a letter!
2. By Mail—Family and friends can simply write a check and send it to us by mail.
3. Gift Cards—Available in any amount between $25-$300—plus they never expire.
*When you open a new ScholarShare 529 account with a $50 contribution (and sign up for ongoing automatic contributions of $25 or more per month for six consecutive months) between December 11, 2019, at 12:01 a.m. and December 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. (PT), you will be mailed a $50 Target GiftCard on or before June 30, 2020. Visit ScholarShare529.com/holidayoffer for official Terms and Conditions. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsored by ScholarShare 529.
**Source: Strategic Insight 529 College Savings Fee Analysis Q3 2019. ScholarShare 529’s average annual asset-based fees are 0.29% for all portfolios compared to 0.61% for all 529 plans.
To learn more about ScholarShare 529, its investment objectives, tax benefits, risks and costs, please see the Disclosure Booklet at ScholarShare529.com. Read it carefully. Investments in the Plan are neither insured nor guaranteed and there is the risk of investment loss. Consult your legal or tax professional for tax advice. If the funds aren’t used for qualified higher education expenses, a 10% penalty tax on earnings (as well as federal and state income taxes) may apply. Non-qualified withdrawals may also be subject to an additional 2.5% California tax on earnings. Check with your home state to learn if it offers tax or other benefits such as financial aid, scholarship funds or protection from creditors for investing in its own 529 plan.
TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc. (TFI), Plan Manager. TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, Member FINRA, distributor and underwriter for ScholarShare 529.
The Bullseye Design, Target and Target GiftCard are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc. Terms and conditions are applied to gift cards. Target is not a participating partner in or sponsor of this offer.
For terms and conditions, click here.